CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Project B.A.M. (Book About Me)

I can't tell you how excited I am to finally be able to post this project.  I stumbled across this project over at Paper Phenomenon and absolutely fell in love.  I debated for a long time before purchasing the kit.  It was a chunk of change, then it sold out.  I was in a panic til Kathy decided to do some preorders to put together more kits.  I was fascinated to learn how to make my own albums and unique page configurations.  I've you've never been to Kathy's website you definitely need to check it out.  It has links to her UStream and YouTube videos.  This post is going to be picture heavy but I really wanted you to be able to see it.


This is the box that hold the album. The box is partially created using a Tim Holtz configuration box. Essentially the lid is the configuration box.






This is the box open but with the album out of it.




This is the front of the album.  Isn't it beautiful?




Here is the album spine made from Duck Tape (not Duct Tape but the kind for crafts). I put some bling on it to jazz it up.






Here is a close up of the cover and charms that are part of the toggle closure.




This is the box with the album in it.






Below are random shots of the interior. So far I've only put some opening comments in the pocket on the inside of the cover.


























It stands about 3 inches thick and I haven't even started filling it.   



This will be a lifetime project and it will be a joy to leave this behind for my kids when I am gone.

Again be sure to go check out Paper Phenomenon.   Coming up soon is an album that is stored in a suitcase.  Can wait to see how she creates the suitcase.

Hugs and have a wonderful weekend!
Carrie

4 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Wow! What a cool project, definately a gorgeous keepsake. Must have taken you aaaages to make!

Carol W. said...

Gorgeous! I love this project and was sad that I missed it but I am still thinking for ordering the tutorial and just doing it myself. Fabulous job!

melsanford said...

Oh what a gorgeous creation! Absolutely stunning :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow, you have done fabulous work putting this together!! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment